Participations of Armory Youth project’s facilities is subject to the observance of AYP rules and procedures. Any participant or volunteer who violates this code is subject to discipline, up to and including removal from regular programming.
- The mental, emotional and physical safety and well-being of our youth is our main priority
-Participation in AYP events, programs and open hours will be a positive experience for everyone
- All interactions with youth, parents, school staff, staff members, volunteers or community members will be for the ultimate benefit of the youth and community
The following behaviors are strictly prohibited at Armory Youth Project:
- Bullying or taking unfair advantage of any participant
- Discourtesy or rudeness to fellow participants, staff members or volunteers
- Verbal, physical or visual harassment of fellow participants, staff members or volunteers
- Actual or threatened violence toward any individual or group
- Endangering the life, safety, health or well-being of others
- Failure to follow any AYP policy or procedure
- Failing to cooperate with an adult supervisor/leader/mentor
- Possession, use of or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs
- Possession, use of or being under the influence of tobacco products or vapes
- Possession of dangerous materials such as explosives, firearms, knives, weapons of any kind
- Destruction of Property
AYP has the authority to search bags and seize any of the above prohibited items. AYP also has the right to use a metal detector of any kind to find any of the above items. AYP does not have the resources to prevent youth from leaving. If a parent is concerned about a youth leaving prior to a designated time, please contact us. AYP staff can notify the parent in the event their youth exits the premises, However, AYP cannot and will not physically prevent youth from leaving at will.
Youth are responsible for personal items. AYP is not responsible for any lost or stolen items and will not replace them.
Waiver and Release of Liability and Authorization for Minors:
Participants and their parents understand that involvement in Armory Youth Project may entail risk of injury or harm to the participant and agree that risk is fully assumed by the participants and/or their parents, In addition, participants agree to hold AYP harmless from and against any and all liability, damages, and claims of any kind, known and unknown, which maybe connected with, result from, or arise out of participating in activities at AYP. This includes, but is not limited to, claims involving economic loss, illness or medical condition, accidental injury or death.
If you participate in AYP programs and events there is a possibility of being photographed and/or filmed and your picture may be used for promotional purposes on our website, social media, and other places.
By signing below and clicking submit, I acknowledge that I have read and understand the above statements.