Participation at Armory Youth Project’s facilities and in AYP Programs and Events is subject to the observance of AYP rules and procedures. Any participant or volunteer who violates this Code is subject to discipline, up to and including removal from regular programming.
At Armory Youth Project:
· The mental, emotional and physical safety and well-being of our youth is our main priority.
· Participation in AYP events and programs will be a positive experience for everyone.
· All interactions with youth, parents, school staff, staff members, volunteers or community members will be for the ultimate benefit of the youth and community.
The following behaviors are strictly prohibited at Armory Youth Project:
· Bullying or taking unfair advantage of any participant
· Discourtesy or rudeness to fellow participants, staff members or volunteers
· Verbal, physical or visual harassment of fellow participants, staff members or volunteers
· Actual or threatened violence toward any individual or group
· Endangering the life, safety, health or well-being of others
· Failure to follow any AYP policy or procedure
· Failing to cooperate with an adult supervisor/leader/mentor
· Possession, use of or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs
· Possession, use of or being under the influence of tobacco products or vapes
· Possession of dangerous materials such as explosives, firearms, knives, weapons of any kind
· Destruction of Property
AYP has the authority to search bags and seize any of the above-prohibited items. AYP also has the right to use a metal detector of any kind to find any of the above items. AYP does not have the resources to prevent youth from leaving. If a parent is concerned about a youth leaving prior to a designated time, please contact us. AYP staff can notify the parent in the event their youth exits the premises, however, AYP can not and will not physically prevent youth from leaving at will.
Youth are responsible for personal items. AYP is not responsible for any lost or stolen items and will not replace them.
When you participate in AYP programs and events, there is a high possibility of being photographed and/or filmed and your picture may be used for promotional purposes on our website, social media, and other places. We will make every effort to talk to youth about this before, during, and after the event so they have a say in whether or not it is used.
By signing below and clicking submit, I acknowledge that I have read and understood the above statements.